While spending time in your lawn is a great part of summer, it can cause big problems in the fall. When thatch - a mixture of dead grass and debris - builds up in your lawn, it can keep vital nutrients and moisture from reaching the roots of your grass. Combined with compaction in the soil, grass can quickly die out, ruining your lawn for the rest of the year and setting it up for poor growth in the spring to follow. Don’t know if your lawn is suffering from thatch and compacted soil? The most common signs include:
- Puddling of water in lower areas
- Water run off in higher areas
- Bare areas where grass won’t grow
- Stunted growth of vegetation or plants
If any of these signs sound familiar, your lawn could benefit from our aeration and seeding services in Matthews!
Give Your Lawn the Nutrients it Needs
When your lawn doesn’t receive the nutrients it needs to thrive -- like sunlight and water -- its growth is stunted. We’ll make sure these nutrients can penetrate the roots of your grass through the process of aeration and seeding. So, how exactly does this work? We’ll tell you:
- Aeration involves the removal of small plugs throughout your lawn to loosen soil and reduce compaction -- allowing moisture, air, and nutrients to reach its roots easier.
- Seeding involves laying down new grass seed on top of your existing grass to help fill in bare spots and encourage thicker turf. Seeding right after aeration is a great time to restore nutrients to the soil and encourage new growth since seeds will have direct access to freshly loosened soil!
Reap the Many Benefits of Aeration & Seeding
Aeration and seeding in Matthews offers instant results for stronger, greener grass that will help it survive the colder winter months. As a locally owned and operated company right here in the Piedmont, you’ll have a team of lawn experts that you can count on for the best results possible. The benefits of aeration and seeding include:
- Reduced compaction in the soil
- Improved circulation of air, water, and nutrients into the soil
- A healthy environment for new grass seed to germinate and grow strong
- Reduced appearance of balding, brown spots in your lawn
- A healthier, stronger lawn that’s able to better survive the winter season
Why You Should Choose Tailor Made
With so many lawn care companies in Matthews to choose from, we'll tell why you should choose Tailor Made Lawns:
- We are locally-owned and operated right here in North Carolina!
- Unlike many companies, we don't require binding contracts for any of our services.
- Our customers love us! We have a 4.8 rating on Google+ with over 50 reviews
- As a family-owned company, our methods are both child and pet-friendly.